Wednesday 16 May 2007

Live to Eat or Eat to Live...

Without a doubt I see myself as belonging to the former category, although I'll definitely be in on the latter as well...if it comes to that. So I've succumbed...to putting into text for all who care to read my thoughts and opinions on our dining (fine or otherwise) and food experiences, as my better half and I attempt to gastronomise our way around the broad spectrum of eating establishments that grace our home city of Melbourne. Of course further afield too if and whenever we get the chance. But we've barely scratched the surface on the pleasures on offer in the city and its map-defying sprawl of suburbia, having only moved here a couple of years ago. Judging by the plethora of food and restaurant blogs out there, and the popularity of celebrity cooking theatre in mass media, eating just to keep alive certainly seems to be a passionate and evocative exercise for many. Which category do you fall into? Is there even a question.

No comments: